Drabbles for episode 5x09 "Namaste" Spoilers: None unless Sawyer lending Jack clothes counts as a spoiler. Pairing: Jack/Sawyer preslash Rating: PG-PG-13 (Yes, I can write below an R, it seems) Author's note: these came about after alemyrddin and I went off on a tangent about a certain scene in "Namaste" on eponine119's journal. I think my muse was chomping at the bit to write slashy subtext after seeing Jack and Sawyer on screen at the same time after such a long drought and being reminded that Jack was basically wearing Sawyer's "maybe if I diet I'll fit into these again" clothes was just the excuse she needed to run with. Anyway, here's the result. On sharing clothing... **************** Sawyer: Sawyer pretended it was just a coincidence. He also pretended he wasn't actually watching as Jack peeled off his dress shirt, the afternoon light playing across his still toned but now less tanned chest. Nor was he watching the way Jack struggled ever so slightly to get into the deep blue t-shirt that was almost too small. As his eyes traced the lines of muscle the material did absolutely nothing to conceal he only wished Jack hadn't done up the buttons on the v-neck quite so high. *************** Jack: It wasn't the first time he had worn Sawyer's clothes. They were roughly the same size and their supplies had been limited to what they could salvage from scattered luggage. Clothing was the one thing Sawyer had always been willing to give Jack without a fight. And while these were admittedly cleaner than anything they had worn then thanks to Dharma detergent, they still held a scent that was purely Sawyer - a clean yet earthy smell that Jack had never been able to identify but was sure he had never gotten entirely out of his mind. He resisted the urge to bury his face in the thin material - to immerse himself in that familiar scent. On some level he wondered if this was why Sawyer had always been so liberal with his clothing - if surrounding Jack in his scent was some sort of primitive way of marking Jack as his. He didn't care though, because being surrounded by that scent, reminded constantly of who the shirt that clung to his chest had originally belonged to, gave him a sort of comfort he hadn't felt in years. He had finally come home.