Title: Qui se ressemble s'assemble Author: Diandra Hollman E-Mail: diandrahollman@gmail.com Website: http://diandrahollman.neocities.org/ Date Finished: 4/1/02 Rating: NC-17 Classification: S R Keywords: Erotica, Mulder/? (if I told you who it was it would ruin the effect. ;)) Spoilers: Absolutely nada Disclaimer: Yeah, like they're really mine... :::snort::: Archive: E-mail me first, so I know who has it. :) Summary: This story is too short for a summary. ;P Dedication: To Azar, for reasons that will soon become clear. (Or see the notes at the end of the story for more information) ;) Author's Notes: Praise and *constructive* criticism is welcomed at the e-mail address above. Please do not flame me simply because you don't like this romantic pairing. More notes at the end of the story. Qui se ressemble s'assemble By Diandra Hollman Her back arched away from the cool cotton sheets and she grunted softly with every powerful stroke of his body into hers. "Fox," she cried breathlessly. She could feel him wince at the sound of his given name. But if this level of intimacy with him didn't earn her the right to use it, then what did? She felt his lips on her neck, on her shoulder. He licked at the spot just behind her ear that he knew would drive her crazy. She was getting close; she knew it. She tried to arch her back just right, grinding against his pubic bone...but it was not enough. He seemed to sense her dilemma and shifted to support himself on his left hand as he reached between their bodies with his right, stroking her small bundle of nerves in a way that he hoped would give her release. She fought to keep her eyes open, to keep watching him as long as she possibly could. Her hands tried vainly to grip a back too slick with sweat. Her nails were digging into his skin - carving out small wounds - but he barely even noticed. "It's okay honey," he whispered in her ear. "Let go. I'll catch you." The mere sound of his voice - deep and raspy with arousal - pushed her maddeningly closer to the edge. And suddenly, with a blinding intensity she had never known before, it hit her. She screamed as her vision was eclipsed by a warm white light. He felt her muscles contract and ripple around him and cried out in pleasurable agony. As she floated back down to earth - and her sated body - she realized that he had neglected to follow her into release. He was waiting for her to recover before he let himself go. She made a conscious effort to squeeze her vaginal muscles around him as tightly as she could. He moaned; his eyes snapping open to meet hers, his hips bucking into her. "It's okay Fox," she breathed out between gasps for air. "Come." Her permission broke the remainder of his restraint. His thrusts picked up speed, becoming sloppy in his urgency. She combed her fingers through his hair soothingly, brushing the sweaty strands from his forehead as she cooed softly to him. It didn't matter that her words didn't make sense - she knew he would not be able to understand them anyway. She just wanted him to hear her voice. A low, animal noise began escaping his throat - accompanying every thrust of his body into hers. She let her hands stroke over his shoulders and back, and down to rest on his ass. She concentrated on the feel of the muscles beneath her hands working as he plunged deep inside her again and again. She felt him shudder above her, his thrusts picking up even more speed. He was pounding into her with so much force that it was starting to hurt. But she would not ask him to slow down. She knew she would be sore in the morning. She might even walk with a slight limp, but she didn't care. Let people think what they want to think, she thought with a smile. She tightened her thighs where they circled his waist and - with her hands still resting on his ass - pulled roughly, bringing him as deep inside her as she possibly could and still wanting him deeper. In the end, that was what finally pushed him over the edge. He shouted her name as he pulsed deep inside her, filling her with a delicious warmth. She felt every muscle in his body pull taut until it seemed ready to snap. Then, gradually, all the tension melted away and he began to tremble. His body crumpled over on top of her as his arms lost the ability to support him. She took on the dead weight without complaint and stroked her hands over his back and neck while she waited for him to recover. A slight snuffling sound and a grunt announced his return to reality. He started to roll his body off of hers so she could breathe, but she held onto him tightly, not letting him move. "'m crushing you..." he mumbled in her ear. "Mmm..." she sighed happily, combing her fingers through his hair, enjoying the feel of the thick softness against her skin. She secretly loved the warm, solid feel of a man's body resting on top of hers, his spent flesh still buried deep inside her. No, not just any man...*this* man. They finally compromised. He shifted to lay next to her, drawing a moan of disapproval from her as he slipped out of her warmth. But his head remained tucked against her neck, his shoulders securely wrapped in her arms. She drew light, lazy patterns over the broad expanse of his back with her fingernails, causing him to shiver. He smiled at her contentedly with eyes closed. She studied his face, marveling at how young he looked at that moment...so beautiful and happy. She wanted to remember that expression for the rest of her life and know that *she* had been the one to put it there. She placed feathery kisses on his eyelids. "Go to sleep," she whispered in a voice that was still slightly husky. He sighed, relaxing against her as he slid a little bit closer towards oblivion. But there was one thing he still had to do, and he struggled back to the surface for a moment. "I love you, Monica," he murmured sleepily. She smiled and brushed his unruly hair back from his forehead as she pressed a tender kiss to his temple. "I love you too, Fox." THE END More notes from the author: I was inspired to write this story after hearing about Azar's decision to close down the main (possibly only) Mulder/Reyes shipper site "Open Minds". I guess you could call this a last ditch effort to prove that there *are* people interested in the pairing. The title reflects the philosophy that MRR is based on. Literally, it means "Those who resemble assemble". The English equivalent of this is "Birds of a feather flock together". As my friend Lisa said, "I always thought Monica and Mulder would make a good pair, since they are both such unrestrained believers." :)